Monday, July 8, 2013

Final Assessment

Well, that was that! We had our final assessment two weeks ago and repeated all of our exercises from day one. And I have all of my numbers to share with you! Here's a quick rundown of my progress during this eight week session. The goal was to do as many, or hold for as long as you could for one minute (except for the run, of course). Maybe I should have taken it easy the first time so there would be this HUGE improvement? ; )

Exercise   ---   Week 1   ---   Week 8
Situps                 20                28
Squats                40                62
Pushups              21                32
Bicep Curls         34                40
Run, seconds     111              105 
(apprx. 1/4 mile)
Plank, seconds   180(3min)     241(4min, 1sec)
Side Plank, sec    30                60

I'm pretty happy with my improvement in just eight weeks. I'm most proud of that plank time! When I first tried a plank I could barely hold it for 30 seconds, so to have a time of 4 minutes is just crazy to me. And the run time...I really wasn't expecting an improvement, as I said before. But I guess luck was on our side tonight. The field where we ran the last two times hadn't been mowed - in, like weeks. The grass and weeds were up past my knees, and for once I wasn't the only one complaining. : ) The moans and groans were enough for Bethany to allow us to run on the street, right next to the field.

Regardless of these numbers, I KNOW I have gotten stronger and am in better shape. I cannot wait to see the final numbers for my weight and measurements. I'm not quite as excited about the before and after pictures, but I've never been one to like pictures of myself. I'll post the rest very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment