Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Halfway Assessment



Today’s workout was our halfway, reassessment. I was anxious to see the improvements that I've already made on this journey. We did all of the same exercises for one minute, trying to beat our original numbers. 

The changes that this group of women have made are amazing! I'm pretty sure that every single person improved on every activity. Well, except for me. My run time went up by one second...but in my defense, we are running outside on a fairly uneven field - rocks, holes, etc. I am running as fast as I can, without injuring myself, dodging whatever is in my path. I have been known to twist my ankle just walking on level ground. Really. And the last thing I need is to mess up one of my ankles and not be able to exercise for the rest of the class. All that said, I don't see my run time improving in the end. But I'm okay with that, because I know that I have gotten faster and stronger regardless of that number. 

I improved my plank time by eight seconds. That doesn't seem like much, but after holding it for three minutes, I think anything over that is a bonus! I wish I had all my numbers to share, but I just don't remember them all. I turned in my sheet where I logged it all, but I can tell you they all went up! (Well, except for that darn run time...) 

I still struggle with pushups. I just don't have the strength to do a real one, still! Now, I'm not doing them on my knees, but I can't get my chest down like I'd like to. I mean, I could, but then my whole body would be on the ground too. I get as low as I can, but I'd really like it to look something like...

this.


I powered through the squats, and my legs are still sore. The only thing that worries me, is now I have to improve all of these numbers by the end! I've got a couple more weeks left, so if I thought I was giving it my all, now I've really got to. Here's to making a change!!

Haha! Yes, that's how strong I want to be!!


By the way, I guess my hard work is paying off. I have had multiple compliments from others, telling me that they can really see a change. My clothes fit differently, actually, most of them don't fit at all! I finally went shopping to spend a few gift cards I've had since Christmas. Yes, I know. But I haven't wanted to buy clothes for this body that I didn't plan on keeping long. Anyway, my new shorts were three sizes smaller than what I was wearing last summer!! WOO HOO!! I've only ever owned a few pants in this size, so I'm really excited. Hopefully this mini-shopping spree will hold me over until I get to where I want to be. Or at least until the season changes and I can't get away with wearing shorts anymore. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment