Monday, June 10, 2013

Stripping

After last week's four pound loss, I was pretty nervous to weigh-in tonight. I thought for sure some of that weight would be back. I was even hoping for no loss/no gain, just to be the same. But surprisingly, I lost over a pound this last week! Woohoo!! I'm feeling pretty good about making my 10 pound goal in these last weeks of Body Back. I'm not going to lie, after no loss a few weeks ago, I wasn't feeling terribly confident. But I've got a new spurt of excitement and motivation. Maybe it's the mini-shopping spree I went on a couple weeks ago? Which by the way, my shorts are already too baggy! Ugh! Why couldn't I have left the tags on a few of them? I went back to the same store and tried on the next smaller size, and they fit! Ahh! It's just amazing. All of this hard work is finally catching up.

Tonight's class was a bit of a mystery going in. We got a somewhat coded message that it would be "stripping class." So here I am, racking my brain - I surely won't be Googling this one. Now I know that there are exercise classes based around, ahem, exotic dancing. I'm thinking I'll be climbing poles and attempting embarrassing hip movements, that frankly, my hips just aren't capable of. Thankfully for everyone involved, I was WAY off. 

It was NOT this.

This "stripping" had to do with our exercise bands. Usually, we get the choice of using a red band (more resistance) or green band (less resistance). But tonight, we used both. At the same time. I was really shocked at how difficult it was to use both bands together. On any other day, I always use a red band because the green ones just don't feel like a workout to me anymore. (Yay for being stronger!) So silly me for thinking that adding a green band in wouldn't make a difference. There was more than one exercise where I was fighting to complete the reps with both bands. We would do a set with both bands, then "strip" down to just the red band. Then to the green, and work back up to both bands again.


We did manage to find a few poles to use outside. But nothing vulgar, I promise. We anchored our bands on them to do chest presses and rows. It was a fun and very challenging workout. I'm really enjoying that we're getting such a different workout every week. I think that really helps me stay interested and motivated. It's definitely not monotonous! 


No comments:

Post a Comment