Thursday, June 13, 2013

Crossfit Style

Wednesday's class was Crossfit-esque, so I'm told. I'm not familiar with Crossfit workouts so it was all new to me! We were outside in the heat, I think it was in the upper 90's last night. I was sweating just standing there. Bethany had stations set up throughout the field we were on, maybe 9 or 10 of them. We rotated through, doing each exercise for one minute. Let's see how many I can remember...

V sit with resistance band.

Jump rope. You don't need a picture of this, but know that it was in a field. So I may have just jumped in place after tripping over the rope a half-dozen times. 

Walking lunges with kettle bells. This added more resistance than I realized with an extra five pounds in each hand. 

Box jumps.
Haha! Just kidding. Ours was more like the box you would see at a step class.

Crunches on stability ball.

Squats with kettle bell.
Our kettle bells were not that tiny! I've never seen such a small kettle bell.

Rear fly on stability ball.


Stability ball ab pass.
I really don't have a clue what this one was called. But we passed the ball between our hands and feet, coming up to meet, then touching down on the ground.



Forward raises with kettle bell.
Again, with the teensy kettle bells..

Wall ball. This was fun. Chunk a 10 pound ball 10 feet in the air at the wall, and when it bounces off and flies back down at you, try to catch it.


I think that's all of them, though I would not be surprised if I missed one or two. I think the heat really got to me. And please forgive me if I butchered the name of some or all of them. (By the way, those were not our pictures. I always forget to take some!)  We did two rounds of each exercise, and on the third set we did a short sprint between each station. 

By the end, we were all soaked in sweat. Then, we had to look at ourselves in the mirror (because that's what everyone wants to do after a workout). It was actually not as scary as I thought it would be. : ) We talked about what words came to mind...our inner voice. And GREMLINS!

 
That nasty little gremlin who tells us such negative things, and cute one who who is supportive and positive. I choose the cuddly one to be my inner voice. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment