Monday, May 20, 2013

Another killer workout!

I'm really enjoying going to my Body Back classes. As sad as it may sound, I look forward to having somewhere to go on those evenings. No, I don't get to get dressed up fancy or even look particularly cute. But, I'm out of the house. And with no children! Haha! I love them, but I need some me time. And the only way I'm going to get that some days is to go workout. Wow! Who'd have ever thought I would want to leave the house to go exercise?! Me, the couch-potato homebody. Me, who has gone days without leaving the house. And that didn't even bother me! 

Not anymore. We're up and on our way to Stroller Strides five or six days a week. I'm not really sure, but I think this is affecting the rest of my life! ; ) Something about exercise and happiness?? Channeling my best Elle Woods here, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." Okay, not quite where I was going. My husband's wellbeing was never at stake (regardless of what he tells you). I'm getting more done around the house with this new found energy, and I'm sure the kids are getting more quality time with their momma. Now I'm not going to tell you that I have crazy amounts of energy and am now Super Mom! But I have noticed that I'm not dragging every afternoon and wishing for a little nap when the kids finally go down for theirs'. 

I started this week in a funky place. And it was killing me! I hated this slow, tired feeling I was having, but I just couldn't shake it. We skipped Stroller Strides Monday morning, because I just couldn't drag myself to go. I thought, "Hey, you're tired. Take a break. Maybe your body needs it." It didn't seem to help. Monday dragged by. Then, Body Back...well, crap. I went in to class already defeated. I felt I had gained weight since my two pound loss last week, and I didn't get to class as early as I had hoped, so the weigh-in would have to wait until after class...

So here we go. Another kick butt workout! The theme was plyometrics, jump training. Fabulous, right? Not only am I doing this killer workout, but everything will involve jumping. I wanted to just crawl away. Don't worry, I didn't. I gave it my all. We did circuits where we had one minute of four different things, back-to-back twice, followed by a nice lap around parking lot. When we got back, it was four new things. I'm not sure how many of those we did. It seemed like A LOT. I was drained and came home a sweaty mess, so I know I must've done something good. 

Jump Squats. Fun at first...


After class, I weighed-in. So how bad was it? Apparently it's worse if you're delusional. I don't know what I was thinking, but I was convinced I had gained weight. Even after I saw the number on the scale. I'm thinking, "Crap, crap, crap. What's she gonna say?" Then Bethany tells me, "You lost weight!" Wait, what?! Just over half a pound. I'll take it! Especially after I just chugged twenty-four ounces of water during our workout. We had a nice little chat, and discussed a few menu changes I need to make.


Overall, we'll call it a success and I'll keep plugging along. 



Will keep this reference handy...

No comments:

Post a Comment