Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Change takes work

It's a good thing today's focus was upper body, because my legs are almost nonfunctional. My quads are so sore from the killer Barre workout we did.

We were indoors tonight, which worked out nicely since it was pouring outside. Lightning, thunder, the whole bit. We had a cute little "worksheet" with lists of upper body exercises on one side and core exercises on the other. We rotated between two rooms, checking off each exercise as we went. Then, out of nowhere, Bethany would pop in and say, "twenty push-ups!" We used our resistance bands to do everything from bicep curls to tricep extensions and wood chops. In the core room, we did most things on our mats, but used the exercise ball for crunches, too.

My arms were done at the end! I could hardly finish my last set. It's not that they were sore, they just wouldn't work! I was trying so hard to finish my last 10 chest presses, and I was struggling. We talked about mental barriers and pushing through the burn to make a difference. Man, I was trying! My mind is SO WEAK. All I was thinking was, you can't do this, it hurts, give up. 

I remembered my food log today, and Bethany was kind enough to stay after class a bit to talk about it with me. My goal for this week is to change up my lunch choices. I'm going to look into some recipes for chicken salad (with apples, walnuts, no mayo!), so I can improve the quality of my lunch, but sill have an easy meal. I'm planning to have things like chicken on a whole wheat tortilla instead of a ham and cheese sandwich. I'm also going to try to save my protein bars for when I'm out and it makes a good snack option. When I'm home, I plan to have things like nuts or an apple, and a cheese stick. 

I guess that's it for now. I'm anxious to see if these small food changes will make a difference on the scale next week. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment