Thursday, May 9, 2013

Feeling The Burn

I have to remember this!
We had our first full-on, killer workout yesterday. And wow. I'm tired and sore today! I had been going to Stroller Strides Monday through Friday, even on Body Back days (with the occasional Saturday, too). Not today. I could barely open my eyes this morning, and when I finally rolled out of bed, I wished I hadn't. My arms are sore, my abs are sore, my obliques are sore. Even some strange muscles on my back I wasn't aware I had are sore. So staying in this morning was wonderful! And the lazy day that followed? I'd like to blame that on the thunderstorms - perfect excuse to lounge around the house today.

I'm not even sure where to start with our class yesterday. It was nonstop. We had our little warm-up, and the rest of the hour is kind of a blur. Do this for a minute-do that for a minute-run from here to there-do it all again. Oh my gosh. I was a hot sweaty mess at the end of class. 


The upside is we were outside, and it was beautiful. We had a nice cloud cover, so it wasn't too bright or hot. I got to watch airplanes flying overhead as I did my bicep curls. But only for a minute, then it was drop and do mountain climbers for a minute. Or something. I really don't remember. 

I'm supposed to be pushing myself, not just staying where I'm comfortable (as if any of this is actually comfortable). What's that you say? Duh!? Well this is all so foreign to me. I'm not accustomed to pushing myself. I really am not even sure what I'm capable of. Most things we do I would classify as "pushing myself." I am so far outside of my comfort zone that I'm really not sure if my heart rate is up because I'm actually doing it right and getting a good work out, or if I'm getting ready to have a panic attack. Even the next day when I'm sore, I'm thinking, what did I do? Am I supposed to be sore? Did I strain something doing it wrong?

I'm pretty sure this is all related to my complete lack of physical ability. I'm not terribly coordinated. I can trip and fall just walking. On the perfectly smooth ground. I sprained my ankle once stepping down off a large rock at a playground. Another time I messed up my knee by plopping down on my bed. Yup, that's me. I'm not really accident prone, but if someone has to fall down or get injured, I'm your best bet. However, I do have to say that my hand-eye coordination isn't too shabby. Growing up with a little brother that constantly throws things at your head will do that. Not that it helps me with exercising in any way, but I think it should count for something. 

And it's me...

A "motivational" quote I came across today. It seemed fitting. : ) 





No comments:

Post a Comment