Monday, May 6, 2013

Body Back Starts Today!



How is it that I am already anxious about this class? It’s only two o’clock, I have hours before the high-intensity, sweaty exercise starts. Oh how I hate to sweat. That’s probably why I don’t do it much. ; ) I’ve never been one to exercise. I don’t enjoy it. And frankly, I’m not even sure I’m doing it right. I remember dreading P.E. through most of school. I wasn’t overweight, I was just so un-athletic. Remember those physical fitness tests we had to take? Ugh! And field day? Blah! Can I just root on the others and make them cute signs? Okay…got a little off track there.


So here I am, signing up for an eight week exercise class. And it’s not just any class – it’s Body Back! In addition to twice a week “high-intensity workouts,” there will be before and after measurements, pictures, and fitness assessments. What makes me the most nervous is probably the meal plan and food diary. Ah! People are going to see what I eat every day?! How embarrassing! Better throw out those leftover cookies and donuts now (thanks Grammy & Pa Pa!).


I know this is my major downfall. I eat like crap. It’s true. I’ve always been a picky eater. Well, not always. My mom says when I was a baby I ate everything. So somewhere between babyhood and now I decided I didn’t like most things. But if it’s a carb, I’m in! Potatoes, bread, pasta...yum, yum, yum! My number one problem: I don’t like lettuce. Or tomatoes. Or onions. It’s probably easier to list what I do like. Same thing with fruits. So you can see, I’m in trouble. This will be a HUGE challenge for me. I’ll be trying new things (new to me, everyday to you) and figuring out a way to actually eat them. Or starve. Kidding!! Just kidding. And I guess I have to eat said foods without lots of butter and cheese. (My favorite way to eat broccoli and cauliflower!)


This next eight weeks is a continuation of my recent journey to get fit. Yes, I want to lose weight. And yes, I’d like to tone up. But my biggest motivation is to do this for my kids. I want them to see me as healthy and happy. I want to pass on good habits to them. Maybe I can prevent them from being in this place I’m at now. Wishful thinking? Maybe. But I’m willing to give it a shot for all of us.


I started taking the kiddos in my double stroller to Stroller Strides at the end of January. For whatever reason, something clicked for me. I decided to commit to going five to six days a week. Two weeks into going, this amazing thing happened - the Get Fit Challenge. I had no idea how much I would learn and grow in the next eight weeks. I got randomly put on THE BEST TEAM EVER! These ladies were such a support and encouragement to push harder and go faster. At the end of that eight weeks, I was down eleven pounds and eleven inches. It’s just amazing to me. Since then, I’ve lost another three pounds. Woo hoo! 

Our Get Fit Challenge Team!


What’s your goal, you ask? Well, I’m not really sure. I don’t have a number in my head where, “I would be happy at…” It’s really just a feeling, where I will be comfortable in my body. Where I’m not constantly pulling on my shirt so it’s not clinging to my stomach. Or hiking up my pants because I feel like I’m hanging out over the waistband. I do know that there are a few more pounds and inches that I really don’t need. Or like.


I’ll let you know how tonight goes. I’m really excited! The hubs is supposed to be home early so I can get there before class to talk about my goals and my personal fitness plan. Oh, and let’s NOT forget pictures and measurements…


No comments:

Post a Comment