Monday, May 6, 2013

Day One - Completed!

Woo hoo! We had a great first class! I had my one-on-one time with Bethany, our fabulous instructor, before class started. I weighed in first thing, and will every Monday. I was a little disappointed to see the number on her scale. Not because I wasn't aware of where I'm at, but mostly because I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning - before eating and drinking tons of water. There was only a two pound difference, but still. That’s two pounds I already thought I lost. ; ) I set a goal to lose 10 pounds in this eight weeks. Sounds a little overwhelming, but I have to remind myself, I lost 11 in the eight week Get Fit Challenge! I CAN DO THIS!!


We documented my starting measurements (bust, waist, hips, and thigh), and took before pictures (front, back, and side). We will see if I can work up the courage to post my before pics… We talked a little about my eating habits, which I think know will be much harder for me than the exercise. I've already started experimenting with smoothies to help get more fruits and protein into my diet. Thank you, Pinterest! My next step is adding some veggies. Makes me anxious just typing that! But I've been told you can't taste them...I'll be the judge of that! I can’t wait to get the Body Back meal plan booklet. It will have meal ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. I’m sure I can find something in there I’ll eat. I hope.

We spent some time getting to know each other and discussing our personal goals, challenges, and motivations. There are seven strong women in this class with me. We all have different objectives and are at varied fitness levels, but it makes for a great dynamic of supporting and encouraging one another.

Next up was our fitness assessment. We performed a range of exercises to get a baseline of our current ability for this journey. Biceps curls, crunches, pushups, squats, and quarter mile run to name a few.  I was particularly proud of my plank time – three minutes! I would have never thought I could hold a plank for that long. At the start of February, I could barely hold it for just over a minute. Eight weeks later I was up to two and a half minutes. And now, three minutes. I'm anxious to see how much I can improve! I have some great motivation and encouragement in this class. One of my team members from the Get Fit Challenge is also in this Body Back class. We were a little competitive trying to one-up each other throughout the assessment. Bethany kept telling us that it was NOT a competition. : ) But my former teammate really pushed me to give it my all at each exercise.

So for the first day, I'd say it was a success! No one puked or passed out. Ha ha! But really, that may come...


1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud you and am so excited to be on this journey with you. You are gonna surprise yourself! Just you wait!!!

    ReplyDelete